Crema Product Managers are servant leaders responsible for ensuring that all client engagements are thoughtfully planned, that goals are effectively communicated between the client and production team, and that the final experience is professionally executed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Serve alongside all team members of Crema, attending and participating in team meetings as needed.
- Work closely with other members of the Production team to conceptualize, design, and fully execute all projects at Crema.
- Work closely with the Production team to create a technical direction that is consistent and structured in a way that allows for efficient implementation.
- Work with all Crema team members to stay current on UX and Technology trends and think differently.
- Research and implement project management best practices in a consistent and holistic manner.
- Responsible for contributing to the Master Production Schedule and providing Resource Capacity updates to all members during Sales & Operations Planning meetings.
- Provide excellent customer service to all Crema stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Draft project specific documents, proposals, and timelines for timely delivery to the Client.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for maintaining positive client relations.
- Serve as Scrum Master for all engagements under your management. 11.Lead story-point estimation sessions for all engagements under your management.
- Lead sprint retrospectives, sprint planning, and tracking velocity of sprints towards releases.
- Participate in discovery and strategy sessions with the Client and internal team members as needed.
- Organize, schedule, and lead project meetings.
- Ensure accurate data entry and updating in our project management systems.
- Provide timely and technically accurate communication to Clients on behalf of the production team.
- Provide assistance on special projects, tasks, and other duties as assigned.
"At Crema I’m given the freedom to do what it takes to make sure my team & our clients are successful. We are wholeheartedly trusted as experts in our fields. That sorta love and respect is a void in so many work places, but Crema doesn’t play - they really mean it."
- Knowledge of digital industry is essential.
- Knowledge of modern web technologies and the ability to communicate the benefits, drawbacks, usefulness, and effectiveness of various technologies using non-technical jargon.
- 1 – 3 years of working closely with clients, internal or external, to plan and execute projects.
- Familiarity and experience in product management tools such as Asana, Jira, Zenhub, GitHub, etc.
- Familiarity and experience leading software projects using Agile Product Development principles.
- Understanding and experience with the Scrum methodology. Certification as a Scrum Master (CSM) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with other Crema employees and external constituencies.
- Highly organized and the ability to work under pressure from deadlines.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks or projects at once.
- Team-oriented and display a willingness to learn from others.
- Self-starter and willingness to jump in and hustle to get things done.
- Display a high level of critical thinking and a desire to create solutions to problems.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Short-term Disability Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan
- Ongoing learning and professional development
- Results-Based Culture with flexible work schedule
- Top-notch gear
- Professional AND casual environment
- Ever-flowing coffee
- Copious amounts of team events and outings