April 2023 — Crema has been chosen by the KC Chamber of Commerce as one of 2023's Top 10 Small Businesses. The KC Chamber Small Business Celebration is recognized as one of the largest small business celebrations in the nation. Companies that have shown growth or sustainability of their business with strong employee relations, a commitment to DEI initiatives, and a record of giving back to the community are considered for the Small Business of the Year award.
The finalists for this year were chosen following a Candidate Showcase held at Union Station in April of 2023. During the event, small businesses had the opportunity to showcase their companies to the public and to independent judges representing the Chamber selection committee.
The Top 10 list for 2023:
- BASYS – A personal payment processing firm that makes accepting credit and debit cards convenient and safe.
- Crema – A digital product agency that designs and builds custom software.
- Crux – A marketing agency which combines executive-level marketing and business strategy.
- DMC – DMC provides commercial HVAC and plumbing services to midsize businesses across the KC metro area.
- J. Rieger – A Kansas City distillery founded in 1887 by Jacob Rieger, shut down by Prohibition, revived in 2014.
- Parrish & Sons – A 100% woman-owned construction company specializing in excavation, grading, and demolition.
- Quantum Resource Professionals – Established in 2002, this small business offers specialist staffing solutions for school districts and healthcare organizations.
- Resolve – A counseling and therapy practice specializing in individual therapy services for adults, couples, teens, and children.
- The Running Well Store – A running store designed to help runners of all levels, including novice runners, competitive athletes, or someone who simply needs a good pair of shoes.
- Walz Tetrick – A full-service advertising agency that’s been creating insights-drive campaigns since 1967
It was one of Ewing Kauffman's ambitions to find uncommon solutions to society’s challenges. As a design and technology agency, our aspirations are just the same -- and we strive to live up to this ideal in the work we do each day. It's a huge honor to be in the top 10 for the 'Small Business of the Year' award in remembrance of Mr. K's legacy.